Colts GM Chris Ballard told reporters on Friday that he’s interested in bringing Hilton back to Indianapolis. The two sides have been in contact this week about a possible deal.
The veteran wide receiver has spent his entire career with the Colts. He’s caught 631 passes for 9,691 yards and 53 touchdowns over his 10-year NFL career. Last season he had 23 catches for 331 yards and three touchdowns.
Ballard believes Hilton can still be productive for the Colts. The two sides will clearly continue having discussions about a reunion.
Chis Ballard said they’ll still have some talks with T.Y. Hilton. Ballard has texted with him this week and thinks Hilton can still play.
— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 22, 2022
“[Chris] Ballard said they’ll still have some talks with T.Y. Hilton,” James Palmer tweeted. “Ballard has texted with him this week and thinks Hilton can still play.”
This falls in line with what Frank Reich said earlier this week.
The Colts head coach is interested in bringing Hilton back for another year. He admitted as much during a recent interview, bringing Hilton’s name up unprompted.
“We’ll see how things play out,” Reich said, via Kevin Bowen of 107.5 The Fan.
Indianapolis will likely wait to make any more free-agent signings until after the 2022 NFL Draft. The front office will then re-address team needs and make a decision on Hilton.