Nebraska’s football program notched its second win of the season on Saturday, as the Huskers took down Purdue on the road.
Scott Frost’s team suffered a tough recruiting loss in the middle of the game, though.
Nebraska lost a commitment from four-star prospect Patrick Payton, a top prospect out of the Miami, Florida area.
Payton announced his decision on social media.
— Reaper’s Child👿 (@PatPayton6) December 5, 2020
Payton had been committed to Nebraska since May. He’s one of the top prospects in the Huskers’ 2021 class, as he’s a four-star and ranked the No. 328 overall player per 247Sports’ Composite Rankings.
The Huskers did land some good recruiting news on Saturday, too.
Nebraska landed a commitment from 2021 recruit Ru’Quan Buckley. The defensive end spoke to 247Sports about his decision.
“I felt comfortable because I felt family and energy and a vibe when I got into Lincoln, Nebraska,” Buckley said. “Going there on a visit, I loved the coaches, the people, the team, everybody. And they recruited me for defensive end always. They said I would fit in by bringing energy to the group.”
Nebraska improved to 2-4 on the season with Saturday’s win. The Huskers are scheduled to take on Minnesota next week.
The post Nebraska Football Lost A Big Recruit During Saturday’s Game appeared first on The Spun.