Photo by Ryan Kelapire
Along with announcing the start date of the college basketball season, the NCAA also unveiled key dates for the college soccer and volleyball seasons, which were postponed from the fall to the spring due to the coronavirus crisis.
- Regular season: Feb. 3-April 24
- Selection Sunday: April 25
- NCAA Tournament: April 30-May 17.
The tournament will only consist of 48 teams this year—31 automatic qualifiers and 17 at-large selections. Normally, it’s a 64-team field.
- Regular season: Jan. 22-April 10
- Selection Sunday: April 11
- NCAA Tournament: April 16-25
Like soccer, it will be a 48-team bracket, with 32 automatic qualifiers.