Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images
Now that UA is starting up its fall practice there have already been some personnel changes. Due to these, I decided to give another crack at the depth chart and provide an updated one.
Before we get started, here are some of those personnel changes. Senior defensive end JB Brown and redshirt sophomore running back Darrius Smith have opted out of the 2020 season, due to COVID-19 concerns. They are still part of the team but will not have access to the team facilities.
Sophomore wide receiver Jalen Johnson has been suspended indefinitely due to a violation of the team’s COVID protocols. Redshirt junior offensive lineman Edgar Burrola is also still suspended for violating COVID protocol.
Now that that’s out of the way, here is my updated depth charts. Notice, there are quite a few differences from my first go-round.
- QB: Grant Gunnell (So)/Will Plummer (Fr)*
- RB: Gary Brightwell (Sr)/Nathan Tilford (RS Jr)/Michael Wiley (So)
- WR: Stanley Berryhill III (RS Jr)/Drew Dixon (RS Jr)
- Slot: Jamarye Joiner (RS So) AND Brian Casteel (RS Jr)/Tayvian Cunningham (Sr)
- WR: Boobie Curry (So)/Thomas Reid III (RS Sr)
- TE: Bryce Wolma (Sr)/Stacey Marshall (Jr)*
- RT: Paiton Fears (RS Jr)/David Watson (RS So)
- RG: Robert Congel (RS Jr)/Josh Donovan (RS Jr)
- C: Josh McCauley (RS Sr)/Steven Bailey (RS Sr)
- LG: Donovan Laie (Jr)/Jamari Williams (RS Fr)/Josh Baker (Fr)*
- LT: Jordan Morgan (So)/Tyson Gardner (RS Jr)/Anthony Patt (Fr)*
- DE: Trevon Mason (Sr)/Eddie Siaumau-Sanitoa (RS Fr) OR Nahe Sulunga (RS So)
- DT: Kyon Barrs (So) OR Roy Lopez (RS Sr)*/Mykee Irving (RS So)
- NT: Aaron Blackwell (RS Sr)*/Myles Tapusoa (Sr)
- OLB: Jalen Harris (RS Jr)/Issaiah Johnson (RS So)
- ILB: Anthony Pandy (Sr)/Dante Smith (RS So)
- ILB: Derrion Clark (So)/Derick Mourning (Fr)*
- OLB: Kwabena Watson (RS Fr)/Rourke Freeburg (RS Jr)
- CB: Lorenzo Burns (RS Sr)/McKenzie Barnes (Jr)
- FS: Jarrius Wallace (RS Sr) OR Jaxen Turner (So)
- SS: Christian Young (Jr)/Isaiah Mays (Jr)*
- CB: Christian Roland-Wallace (So)/Bobby Wolfe (So)
Again, this is what I predict based on three practices and subsequent personnel changes. I will release one more depth chart prior to the Nov. 7 season opener at Utah.
What are your thoughts on this depth chart compared to the first one?