The Cactus League finale for the D-backs, though they do play tomorrow at Chase.
- Ketel Marte, CF
- David Peralta, LF
- Eduardo Escobar, 3B
- Christian Walker, 1B
- Asdrubal Cabrera, 2B
- Josh Rojas, SS
- Carson Kelly, C
- Pavin Smith, RF
- LHP Caleb Smith + RHP Stefan Crichton, RHP Anthony Swarzak, LHP Joe Mantiply, RHP Kevin Ginkel, RHP Miguel Aguilar, RHP Carlos Navas
This will be short from me today. The SnakePitette and her husband are in SnakePit Towers putting down new tile in the kitchen. This is very nice of them. Except that, because they’re not “regular” workers but relations, I can’t just ignore them and let them get on with it. I feel I have to keep chatting to them, offering cups of tea, and all that kind of stuff. I have managed to slide away for a bit, as they had to go to Home Depot and pick up supplies, but if I’m not around in the GDT, you’ll know why… Anyway, over to Jack for an actual, non-tile related news update!
Torey Lovullo notes
- Torey indicated that while they are of course comfortable if they absolutely need to use Ketel Marte at shortstop if needed, they are depending on him to carry the heavy load in CF and prefer to have him spend the vast majority of his time there.
- Torey said the SS Depth Chart reads Ahmed/Rojas/Asdrubal Cabrera. But if Ahmed missed a lot of timel, Ketel’s name would of course come up in planning meetings.
- Chris Devenski has been informed he has made the roster, and will be used at the back end of the bullpen, playing matchups late in games. A corresponding 40 man move was not announced but that’s almost certainly going to be Tyler Clippard to the 60 day IL
- Kole Calhoun has been going through his progressions and passing every test without setbacks. Due to IL/Roster rules, the earliest he could return would be the home opener on April 9th. But Torey would not indicate a date he expected Calhoun to come back.
Torey Lovullo audio [or link]
Fox Sports Arizona has the game, though I imagine it’ll probably be the Cubs feed. Still, they might mention the Diamondbacks on occasion. 🙂