Photo by Rex Brown/WireImage
There might be no new ones to offer, but the MLB Network and Fox Sports Arizona can offer some Arizona nostalgia.
First off, if the World Series of Diamondbacks game I posted early has got you jonesing for some Big Unit, the MLB Network has you sorted, with two of Randy Johnson’s greatest starts as a Diamondback, plus two screenings of the 2015 documentary on the man, MLB Network Presents: Randy Johnson, The Big Picture (which we wrote about at the time). They will be airing Johnson’s 20 strikeout game against the Reds from May 8, 2001 and his May 18, 2004 perfect game against the Braves. Here’s the schedule: all times are Mountain Time
- 9:00 am – MLB Network Presents: Randy Johnson, The Big Picture
- 10:00 am – 20-K game vs. Reds
- 1:30 pm – Perfect game vs. Braves (also rescreened at 7:30 pm)
- 4:00 pm – MLB Network Presents: Randy Johnson, The Big Picture
If you can’t wait, here’s the bottom of the ninth of that perfecto. It never gets old, does it?
Then, beginning at noon on Thursday, Fox Sports Arizona will be making up for the lack of an Opening Day 2020, by showing the home openers of the past three seasons for the Diamondbacks. [Probably wise to skip last year’s Opening Day in LA. It wasn’t pretty…] They will also be premiering the second episode of their Clubhouse Access series, which will get repeated later in the day, for those not working from home. Here’s their schedule (all times Arizona):
- noon – Opening Day 2017 vs. SFG (6-5 win)
- 3 pm – Premier of Clubhouse Access episode #2
- 3:30 pm – Opening Day 2018 vs. COL (8-2 win)
- 6:30 pm – Clubhouse Access episode #2
- 7 pm – Home opener 2019 vs. BOS (15-8 win)
- 10 pm – Clubhouse Access episode #1
- 10:30 pm – Clubhouse Access episode #2